• Photos should be originals - black & white or color. Duplicates are not considered an original.
Each time a photo is copied or enlarged, the overall quality is reduced and some clarity is lost.
• Avoid photographs that are washed out as the image will not be crisp and clear.
• The photograph should have good contrast and clarity to achieve desired results
For example, someone with dark hair or clothing is best presented in front of a light background.
Blurry or fuzzy photos will not provide the clarity needed to distinguish facial features or other details.
• Images that show shadows - will be reproduced with shadows.
• Indicate which portion of the photograph should be used - the entire photo or a certain person.
• Photo enlargements, low resolution and pixilated digital images will not produce desired results.
• Background photographs should be scenic, such as: the ocean, forest, open road, mountains, etc.
Photographs that include individuals or groups of people cannot be used as a background.
• Any photograph needing to be retouched due to scratches, fading, etc. will incur additional charges.
Methods of Delivery
• Email: Scan and email photo to Laurel.Hill.StL@gmail.com - with name in subject line.
• Share: You can share photos from your phone gallery in an email sent to the above address.
Some phones, however, provide a lower dpi and those with lesser clarity cannot be used.
• Mail:Please identify and secure original photo(s) between layers of cardboard before mailing.
Do not staple, bend or attach paper clips. A note can be enclosed or taped to back of photo.
Tips for Scanning Photos
• Make sure scanner bed is free of dust so particles do not interfere with photo clarity.
• Scan photos at a resolution of 300 dpi for a standard photo size of 3.5" x 5".
• Files must be submitted in jpg - or jpeg formats